Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image Demo image

Cous Cous Creation No. 1

  • Monday, February 14, 2011
  • J-Mad
  • Labels: , , , ,
  • One of my favorite things to make is cous cous. For those who don’t know, cous cous is just a type of pasta from Morocco and northern Africa. It’s so incredibly simple to make and so versatile that you can put almost anything in it to make an amazing dish. Generally, a jar of cous cous is the first grocery item I buy. I tend to just throw together things that I have and this is what I came up with tonight.

    Ingredients:

    - Meat:

    o stew cuts of tender beef (aka beef tips; this is optional and I used pre-cut meat because I try to avoid touching raw meat)

    o Nature Seasoning

    - Cous Cous:

    o Equal parts (about one cup each) water and dry cous cous (do NOT mix together)

    o About a tablespoon of olive oil

    o Diced Roma tomato

    o Chopped Onion

    o Peas

    o Corn

    o Basil

    o Parsley

    o Nature Seasoning

    Directions:

    The meat is optional. So if you’re a vegetarian like 75% of the authors of this blog, skip right on past this part. Otherwise, I just put the beef in a pan, sprinkled some Nature Seasoning on top (although onion and/or garlic powder will also taste good), and cooked it on the stove until well done (personal preference, again).

    While the meat was cooking, I put all of the ingredients for the cous cous mix EXCEPT the actual dried cous cous. Bring this mix to a boil, then remove from heat. Now, add the dried cous cous. Cover immediately so that the steam stays inside the pot. Let sit covered off of heat for about 5 minutes, or until the cous cous has absorbed the water.

    I cut up the beef and then added into the cous cous dish, mixing everything as I went. I coupled this meal with a mixed greens salad topped with a sliced Clementine orange and a dressing (personal favorite: equal parts balsamic vinegar and olive oil). And cous cous creation #1 with side salad is now complete.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Directory